Evoke is committed to Responsible Gambling. We promote gambling as an enjoyable leisure activity and we believe that gambling can only remain this way if you stay in control and gamble responsibly. However, we know that for some people gambling can stop being a harmless leisure activity and become a problem.
To assist you we offer a range of advice and account options to help you manage your gambling. These give you control of both the time and money you spend gambling.
- Session time Limit
- Take a break
- Reality Check
- Game Session Check
- Limit your deposits
- Limit your Turnover
- Limit you Loss
All these options can be found for our customers under Settings > Limit Your Game in our sites.
Our customer service staff receive dedicated training on dealing with problem gambling issues and are available to listen and to support customers to keep in control.
RESPONSIBLE GAMBLING TIPS
We believe that gambling should always be an enjoyable leisure activity. Remembering these simple tips can help make sure gambling doesn’t become a problem for our customers.
- Gambling should be entertaining and not seen as a way of making money.
- Bet sensibly and never chase your losses.
- Only gamble what you can afford to lose. Use Deposit Limits to manage the amount of money you spend.
- Monitor the amount of time you spend playing. Set up Reality Checks to remind you how long you have been logged into your account.
- Balance gambling with other activities. If gambling is your only form of entertainment think about whether you are still having fun.
- Take regular breaks from gambling. Gambling continuously can cause you to lose track of time and perspective.
- Don’t gamble when under the influence of alcohol or when you’re upset or depressed.
- Think about how much money you spend gambling. You can track your activity in your Online Account History.
- If you need to talk to someone about problem gambling then contact our customer service team or a problem gambling support service.
A great way to acknowledge that our customers have a problem is by handling a self-assessment and replying to the below questions with a yes or a no answer.
- Do you gamble to escape from a boring or unhappy life?
- When gambling and you run out of money, do you feel lost and in despair and need to gamble again as soon as possible?
- Do you feel that you are in control over your spending when gambling?
- Have you ever lied to cover up the amount of money or time you have spent gambling?
- Have you lost interest in your family, friends or hobbies because of your gambling?
- After losing, do you feel you must try and win back your losses as soon as possible?
If customers have answered yes on any of the questions 1- 6, we remind them about our ‘limit your game’ options on our site, our ‘take a break’ for up to 30 days option and our ‘self-exclude’ options.
PREVENTING UNDERAGE GAMBLING
It is illegal for anyone under the age of 18 to gamble. Evoke takes its responsibilities to prevent access by persons under the permitted age very seriously. We make it perfectly clear in our Terms and Conditions and in the account registration process that underage gambling is illegal. We carry out verification checks to ensure that all account holders are at least 18 years old and may suspend an account until adequate verification is received.